Pickle Pub Crawl
Hop on a Victoria Harbour Ferry pickle boat, visit some of Victoria's finest harbour establishments and enjoy the best beer on tap that the Island has to offer! At each venue, every group of four receives one complimentary appetizer*, so invite your friends! A popular outing for birthday parties and corporate outings, the Pickle Pub Crawl is also the perfect start to bachelor/ette parties!
Stops include: Blue Crab Seafood House, Lure Restaurant & Bar, Canoe Brewpub, Irish Times Pub, Bard & Banker, and Lido Waterfront Bistro, Steamship Grill & Bar, and The Veranda at The Fairmont Empress (groups of 2 to 6 people only). Visit as many or as few stops as you have time for.
August 27 -- At Lure Restaurant & Bar and Canoe Brewpub, groups greater than 12 in number will be required to accept a single payment request per 12 people. Separate checks will not be available for groups larger than 12. Please have one person in charge of your bill. This policy enables your group to process payment in a more timely manner, and you can move on to your next Pickle Pub stop sooner. Ask your server for the items ordered list along with your payment receipt, and you'll be able to collect from each individual at a later time.
- Daily, May 16th to September 14th
- Ferries operate 10am to 9pm, so try to start no later than 6pm.
- Start at the Victoria Harbour Ferry kiosk at the Inner Harbour Causeway Marina (across the street from the Empress Hotel). Wristbands are not sold onboard the ferries.
- $15/person covers your ferry rides and appetizer deal.
BEST TIME TO ATTEND:
- Sundays through Thursdays are less busy, so your group will have a better chance at all travelling on the same boat.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Every group of four receives one free appy at each venue. You can still do the pub crawl with less than four people, but you need at least four people to get a free appy.
- At the start, a VHF staff member will provide you with a phone number to call to request dockside pickup.
- Plan your route prior to arrival, if possible. Ferry seating is arranged on a first-come first-served basis (no reservations). A Water Taxi lineup on Saturdays is typical.
- There is no set pub crawl ferry schedule. You go when you want, for however long you want.
- When you leave one venue, walk back to the ferry dock and hop on the next available water taxi or call for pickup. Please only call for pickup once you are physically standing on the dock.
- Allow for a minimum 15-minute commute time between stops.
- You may go to venues not listed here; however, only establishments listed here will offer the appetizer deal.
* Immediate seating is not guaranteed. We are unable to make reservations for PPC groups, but still give us a heads up if there are more than 10 people in your group and we'll relay that information to the establishments.
MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP?
- Please notify us in advance of your intended Pickle Pub Crawl date and time. This is not a "reservation," but it enables us to stagger the start times of multiple large groups. Provide the following information:
- Your name
- Number of people in the group
- Arrival date and time
- Intended route, if known
- Victoria Harbour Ferry is not responsible for making reservations for your group. It is difficult to make table reservations at every venue due to the unpredictable arrival/departure times to/from each venue, so venues may not accept specific reservations.
- Ferries have a 12-passenger capacity, so you'll travel on different ferries if there are more than 12 people in your group.
- Advanced purchase available but not required.
- Blue Crab: Halibut Bites
- Lure: Crispy Chicken Wings
- Canoe: Crispy-Fried Squid
- Lido: East-Coast Garlic Fingers
- Bard & Banker: Pork Bites OR Fish Bites
- Irish Times: Dry Ribs
- Steamship Grill & Bar: Monterey Bay Calamari
- The Veranda: Truffled Empress Honey Popcorn